Pages

Saturday 15 December 2012

A Walk in the Park

Hey Lovelies,

I am loooong due for an update! I have been in the process of reorganizing my place to get ready for some home renovations, so I have been nonstop packing and moving furniture. It's getting me in good shape, but all the holiday goodies are definitely NOT helping. I have downsized to my four-leveled book shelf, so I only have access to a small, yet practical in my opinion, portion of my closet. With the reorganizing in order, I realized the importance of OPTIMIZING what I have. At the face of the endless holiday sales, I definitely need the voice of conscience in the back of my mind, while I make smart purchases that reflect my own style. It's like trying to find your dream job. Sometimes you just want what's hot and what seems good on paper, but after awhile you realized that you jumped in too quickly without figuring out what it was exactly that you wanted. It's about knowing who you are and what you want to represent. 




Now, onto the outfit. The good thing about going through your wardrobe once in awhile, is that you not only can pick out items to donate or give away, you also remind yourself of things you used to love or have neglected for a long time. For instance, I came across these suede wedges I bought last winter. Oops! Time to give it some loving. I admit the hat and trench vest makes me look a bit like an explorer (not Dora the Explorer though, totally different thing), but I quite like the cut and the colour of the dress. 




Thanks to my BF for the great photos. I really think that his photography skills are improving. It's common for style bloggers to have photographer/videographer boyfriends, so hey for once I may actually have a positive influence on him!

Holiday cheers everyone. Have fun getting ready for Christmas!
Cecilia

No comments:

Post a Comment