Pages

Monday 14 January 2013

Riding in Burgundy

How lucky were we to catch a sunny break this weekend? It's been a movie marathon weekend for us. I finally saw two of the movies on the top of my list - Skyfall and The Hobbit. I've still yet to catch up on the rest of the Oscar favorites, but at least I've gotten two out of the way so far. Skyfall - a homage to the classic and traditional Bond & The Hobbit - a trip down memory lane when I first dove into the world of J.RR. Tokien novels.

Inspired by the British accents, the refined London architecture and her Queen Majesty references, this was my way of paying respect to the old English ways as 007 did in the movie. Instead of pleading my allegiance, I put together a classic riding outfit with a spin - a splash of burgundy. I'm loving these boots as they extremely versatile as well as being quite the looker, with removable leather straps that can double up as a bracelet or removed completely for a more polished look. Someone once told me that I'm a sucker for detail, and they were right after all.

Now onto the burgundy hat. When I first saw this hat, I thought it was the cutest thing ever. I bought it with New Years festivities in mind! A bit silly...but red's for good luck right? (PLUS, there's a tonne of silliness out there on the other side of the world. Like Elmo and Winnie the Pooh surgical masks. Yes case and point.) It's great to have moments in life where we don't have to take ourselves too seriously. It brings on a sense of relief and inner peace at times we need it most.








 
//Navy blue double-breast blazer. Vero Moda//
//Black camisole. Banana Republic//
//Burgundy skinnies & cat hat. boutique in Taiwan//
//Black riding boots. Lilimill from Browns//

Giddy up! Onto the next movie!
Cecilia



No comments:

Post a Comment